We are incredibly proud to be a finalist for the 2022 Excellence in Business Award from Union County Chamber this year. Our team, led by Tripp Davis, has made many strides to assist our customers and change how people think about natural glues. Discover what sets us apart.
A Legacy of Excellence
It's well-known that LD Daivs has been in business for nearly 100 years. Last year, we celebrated our 95th anniversary. We have been a staple in the manufacturing industry for generations and continue in that tradition to keep businesses moving forward.
For a quick recap of our year, check out this video of Tripp Davis.
A Look Back Over the Last Century
- LD Davis was founded in 1926 after Louis D. Davis Sr. filed for patents for a product used in the stenciling industry two years prior. At the time, the product was called the "Lou-Vis Adjustable Protecto-Curtain Spreadsheet."
- In 1936, Louis D. Davis developed a dehydrated glue product for the rigid box industry.
- In 1959 the company stopped rendering hides.
- In 1970 under Louis Davis Jr’s guidance, the company replaced hide glue with recycled pharmaceutical netting as the main ingredient in gelatin glue.
- In 1977 Louis Davis Jr. took over the business as the second President and majority owner.
- In 1980 LD Davis opened a manufacturing facility in Monroe, NC, and by 1991 all manufacturing officially moved there.
- In 1990 the company doubled its manufacturing operation from 25,000 sq. ft. to 50,000 sq. ft.
- In 2000, Louis (Tripp) Davis III became the third-generation owner of LD Davis.
- In 2008 LD Davis corporate office was established in Jenkintown, PA.
- In 2022, LD Davis gelatin glues became certified as biodegradable.
For more information about our company’s history, see our past article.
We're pleased that our number-one-selling gelatin glue has earned a Biodegrability Certification from BPI this year. Our glue has come from a recyclable source for decades, and it is great to have it certified for its green properties.
As more and more companies move toward sustainability, glue is a crucial part of making a package or product genuinely eco-friendly. We hope this certification enables manufacturers to see the value and possibilities of using biodegradable adhesive alternatives.
Partnerships and Acquisitions
We have recently made significant changes to help our customers get the necessary production products and equipment.
This year, we announced that LD Davis acquired Best Wood Forms. This transition makes it easier for our customers to get the wood forms they need for rigid box manufacturing. You can now contact us for all your wood form needs.
Not only can you get wood forms, but you get the gelatin adhesives and equipment needed to create rigid boxes, all from LD Davis. We are a proud distributor of Europrogetti machines and supply the gelatin adhesive that goes with the machine.
If you need equipment or adhesive, we are here to help.
Bonds that Last: Our Future in Adhesives
No one knows 100% what the future holds. At LD Davis, we promise to continue serving our customers and helping them acquire the adhesives and products they need to keep business moving.
We predominantly provide a recycled, biodegradable product, and we hope that continues to change how people think about adhesives and the bonds that hold everything together. One small part can impact the world.
If you want more information on our equipment and adhesives, contact us today to get started.